Offset Printing Services in New York City
Offset Printing Services, or offset lithography, is the traditional and most common process used to create printed matter.
Common applications include:
- sell sheets
At Sheer Print Solutions, our offset presses use a computer-to-plate system as opposed to the older computer-to-film workflows, which further increases our quality and saves you money.
Offset printing occurs when the inked image is transferred (or “offset”) from a plate to a rubber blanket, and then onto the printing surface. The advantages of offset printing services compared to other printing methods include:
- Produces sharp and clean type, images, and color
- Consistent high image quality
- Quick and easy creation of print plates
- PRICE: most cost-effective method for high-quality prints in commercial quantities
PROS AND CONS: Quick Tips for Offset Printing
- Allows precise and accurate color reproduction
- Large quantities can be printed cost-effectively
- Greater options for paper at varying weights, textures, and finishes
- Widest range of color, including Pantone® and metallics
- Modern offset machines use computer-to-plate technologies, saving money and improving quality
- Requires more steps through production, making the process more time-consuming
- Unit cost of printing lower quantities can be expensive
- You cannot print just one copy when using offset printing; not economical and too time-consuming
- Requires attention to ensure high-quality results
At Sheer Print Solutions, we have over three decades of experience with offset printing, as well as all other printing modalities. Have any questions? Interested in saving money on your commercial print matter? Call us — 212.627.1500
We think you’ll be impressed.