What Are The Benefits of Digital Printing?
With recent advancements in the speed and quality of digital presses, the many benefits of digital printing are beginning to close the gap on traditional offset printing. For small-run jobs with quick turn-around, digital presses can offer tons of advantages including options for personalization.
What Is Digital Printing?
Digital printing is the process of applying either toner or liquid ink onto various media substrates. This process differs from traditional, offset printing because it does not require the use of printing plates. Our digital presses are able to produce super sharp images even with solid color coverage. Typically, PDF files, or other digital files, are sent directly to the digital press where images and media can be applied onto any material type.
For small-run prints, digital presses offer a host of benefits that offset methods simply can’t accommodate.
- Cost-effective: Set-up expenses are much lower and thus reduce overall costs. We just require a PDF document of your print design that can be sent to our digital presses. We’ll even provide a test copy for approval before starting the job at no extra charge.
- High-quality: Digital presses use high-quality toners and liquid ink to produce sharper images and better designs. Our Indigo press, for example, employs ElectroInk, a liquid ink with smaller particles that result in more vibrant, clear images.
- Accuracy/repeatability: With digitally calibrated presses, prints can be repeated with outstanding quality. If you need 100 flyers every couple of weeks, then digital presses can re-produce your design exactly the same way every time.
- Print-on-demand: Digital prints afford quick turnaround rates and can provide a finished result whenever you need it. For fast solutions, digital printing can produce same-day turnarounds.
- Variable Data Printing: Considered one of the types of digital printing, variable data printing (VDP) offers customization on a per unit basis.
A Leading New York Printing Company
At Sheer Print Solutions, our team offers high-end digital printing using some of the best technology, including Konica, Indigo, and iGenXL digital presses. Through our daily calibrations, we ensure that every small-run digital print job is completed with the highest levels of accuracy and results.